What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 24: Learning the Language

This week was better - I didn’t have a single migraine. Yaaaay!

Monday was p-day, and we got our hair cut for free by a member in our ward who cuts hair for her job. Then we all went and ate at a Chinese restaurant. The Chinese food wasn’t very good though. A lot of the food here in Chile is very bland. A lot of it looks yummy, but ends up having very little flavor. Some things are very yummy though! Just the majority - no. Haha! 

I also saw my first falling star here in Chile. The stars are pretty much the same constellations as at home. I still see Orion & the dippers and such.

Tuesday, we had our last class of district before transfers, and we had a fun Easter egg hunt as a zone in the church. I also went on my 1st division (which means my companion & I split up, and we each worked with a member as our companion for a while). I was very stressed about it since I am still a horrible teacher and fault a lot in the language, but I ended up enjoying it. I felt more confident than I expected. I definitely think the Lord helped me a lot! I went with a YSA sister who served a mission for nine months, then recently returned to her home because she was having problems with her knees. It was nice to go with her because she knows the lessons and such. There was an old investigator I found with her. She has been traveling for the past month, so we haven’t talked to her for a long time. Before she was extremely hard to understand because she would speak real fast, but this time I found that I could understand almost every word she said. It was such a neat feeling to realize that my Spanish is improving! Another investigator we went to told me my Spanish is very good for only five months on the mission, so that was nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment