What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 22: Five Months Out

HOLA!

 I have officially hit my 5 months mark. The longest I’ve ever been away from home. :O How crazy is that! And it’s definitely been the longest I’ve gone without actually hearing your voices. :( The good news is, I think I’m starting to finally adjust better. Only one more month and I will have hit the 1/3 of my mission mark. (6 months) Que loco!

This was a very good week. I’ve been feeling happier with my companion and the hermanas in my casa. Por fin! :D Plus, conference was fantastic!! I always love conference, and this time was especially great. I got to watch it in English too. Although we all had to watch the women’s conference in Spanish, but that’s okay. I understood most of it, so I was able to get something from it. It’s still not as good as when it’s in English though, for me. Some of the older English-speaking missionaries stayed in the Spanish sessions of conference because they felt more comfortable listening in Spanish now. O.o And some of the older Spanish missionaries came and listened in the English session too. The Spanish people are encouraged to learn English on the mission, so a lot of them learn quite a bit.

Transfers are in two more weeks. Time really does seem to fly here, even when things are hard. I think I will stay in Chillancito, which is good, because I’m content here still. I think I will probably have a change in companions, but who knows? Cambios are almost never what people expect.

My favorite talks from conference were:

- Lawrence E. Corbridge - about how Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God
- Gary Stevenson - about the four minutes and olympics
- Henry B. Erying - about how to recognize the good from the bad
- Russell M Nelson - about how truth is truth always, and that doesn’t change
- Boyd K. Packer - about how we can all know that the church really is true
- William R. Walker - about how precious our heritage as families and as a church is
- Marcos A. Aidukaitis - about how you will know the truth by the fruits of something
- D. Todd Christofferson - about how Christ really existed and its not all just psychological

I loved the conference! I felt the spirit a lot, and felt like a lot of the talks were just for me! I’m sure a lot of us feel that way, because if we really listen the spirit will help us hear and feel what we personally need. 

I just want you guys to know that I know this church is true. I know that God really exists, as well as Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. They all care about our journey in this life, and want us to gain salvation. I really feel that God truly does love each one of us, and never forgets us. I know that this church truly is led by inspired apostles and a living prophet, and that the Lord is at the head of this church leading it. Have a great week. Study all the talks again when you can! Chao!




No comments:

Post a Comment