What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 27: Sandcastles

Hola!

It was super fun to Skype you guys yesterday! :D :D I love being able to actually hear and see you guys! I hope that you all enjoyed talking with my companion and me too. Especially our songs! We worked hard to memorize them. Haha!

Today we went to the beach in Penco as a zone for P-day!! We all made sand castles as companions to have a competition! We made a very perfect-sided pyramid! :) Ours was the coolest, I think. lol! Then we all played soccer together, the hermanas against the elders. We lost big time, then we changed out three elders for three hermanas and we started making some goals. It made me very happy to play a sport and run and actually get some exercise again.

Now some spiritual stuff. I have a stronger testimony now, and I know this church really is completely true! I know because I asked God whether it was all true and asked that he would help me know it in a way that I couldn’t blow off as psychological, and He responded! I know that it is hard to be faithful, and believe in so many things that we can’t see, but I know if we continue faithful and if we ask God to help us with our faith, He will guide us. Even though the mission is definitely hard, there are also lots of great things about a mission. I’ve gotten to the point where I am enjoying it a lot more now, since I can finally understand everyone better. Haha! Plus, I have the reassurance that what I am doing really is true, which helps tremendously! I know that if you guys have any doubts about the church, you just need to have faith, demonstrate your faith by praying sincerely for an answer, reading scriptures, and going to church, and waiting patiently to receive an answer, and God will help you!






No comments:

Post a Comment