What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 40: Paint Ball and Pizza

This week was another week full of little miracles. Hermana Davidson and I continue to work hard, and we are finally starting to see the fruits of our labors! These last two weeks we have felt so thankful to God for all His little miracles for us. I wish I had enough time to tell you all of them, but I shall do what I can.
Today for our zone activity we went to play paintball. It was so hard to see! The masks aren’t very clear and when its cold, your breath makes them fog up instantly. We were all just playing blind fire. I learned how to breath less so I could see. lol! In one of the rounds, I killed three people. I was so proud of myself. :) But then I got shot in my thigh a couple times, and that kind of hurt. Then one hit my hand and that REALLY hurt! I think it felt worse because my hands were cold and numb. I felt like I was going to throw up because it hurt so much. After about 10 minutes it felt better again. The knuckles are still quite swollen, but it doesn’t hurt any more. It just feels fat. But that is WAR man! Just gotta suck it up!

Paintball
This is WAR!
Suck it Up
A Slice of Home

After that we all went to PAPA JOHNS PIZZA!!! Oh my goodness, it was so yummy! I have sure missed having good American pizza.

Yesterday, one of the less actives that we are teaching attended church, and also one of our recent converts. We were excited about that. We actually have some people who are starting to really progress now. :D  As we were walking towards the end of the day, we crossed a street to head back to the house for the night. Instantly after crossing my companion started crossing back again, although she had no idea why she felt like she should. I was confused and just followed. Once on the other side we went speak with a lady who we hadn’t noticed before. She was super receptive, and invited us to her home so she could hear our message. We were in shock. Usually when someone learns we are Mormons, they want nothing to do with us. :( She did the opposite. We talked with her at her house, and she told us that she really wants to find out what Gods path for her is and what church is true. We were very excited!  

No comments:

Post a Comment