What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 59: Feliz Navidad!

- Sunday, a whopping eight of the less-actives we are visiting came to church. That was awesome! :)

- Saturday, we walked ALL day, not entering a single house. What a bummer it was. All of our appointments fell through, so the poor members that accompanied us just walked around with us, contacting in the street and keeping us company. It was a super long and exhausting day.

- Friday, we had a Sister zone class, which was super fun. We had everything themed to what gift we can give to Christ this Christmas. My companion and I shared about how we can work with the members as a gift. Then we did a secret sister gift exchange. Hermana Davidson and Hermana Garcia came out all dressed up as Santa. So funny! Hermana Davidson pulled a prank on me, and the gift she gave me from my "secret sis" was a stocking full of carrots! Then she gave me my real gift, which was from Hermana Garcia. Our sister training leaders are great! :)

- On the way back to our house my companion and I saw a young boy flip over on a bicycle with his grandpa. We quickly ran over to help. The poor little boy fell headfirst and wacked his teeth. His foot had gotten caught in the front wheel and was definitely broken. My companion was studying to be a nurse before her mission, so she handled it all pretty well. I am calm in those situations, but I find it all a little traumatic. I don’t think I can ever work in the medical field.

- My companion and I did service for an investigator of ours. We helped her cut the grass and clean out the plant beds in her yard. It made me very happy. I like doing garden work - just not all day every day. Haha!

- Today I played dodge ball for a bit, which was super fun! Then Hermana Blanca and Hermano Feliciano took us all to the beach and for empanadas de queso. Great times! We’re going to spend Christmas Eve with them too. 


Santa and Her Elf

Christmas Carrots 






Yummy Empanadas!


No comments:

Post a Comment