What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 63: Great Joy

Everything has been super good here in Talcahuano. I love this area a lot - members, investigators, and my companion - everything. I feel that I have learned to really love the mission more since I’ve been here. I am beginning to feel like I never want to finish the mission because I love it, even though it is sometimes difficult.

Many miracles happened and I feel good about our efforts. One day we went to the home of a member who we did not know well. We thought they would not be home because parents usually work during the day, but we decided to try. When we arrived, almost the whole family was at home. We shared a lesson and encouraged them to read the entire Book of Mormon this year. One of the children cried a little during the lesson and had a great desire to read the Book of Mormon.

We spoke with the mother afterwards and she told us that this child has been very ill and depressed recently. Today he was the most cheerful she had seen him for a while, and she was very grateful that we had visited. We felt very good that we followed the impression to go to their home that day. God controls his work!

This week we taught our investigator, Hector, almost every day. He has visited many other religions and has studied the Bible a lot. He understands all that we teach him so quickly; the more we teach him, the more he desires to learn.

On Sunday our super bueno investigator, Hector, came to church. He also came to a FHE with us that night, with Hermano Feliciano (my convert) and his wife. Hermano Feliciano bore his testimony about why it’s important to be baptized and resolved some doubts that Hector had. He talked about how special his baptism was, and that he will always remember Hermana Dietz and I because we were the ones who helped him get baptized. It made me so happy! I thought of the scripture D&C 18:15- “And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!” I really felt that joy yesterday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment