What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 53: One-Year Out

Can you believe I’ve been living in other countries and speaking Spanish for a whole year now? I only have six months of my mission left. It’s a lot - but it’s also like nothing because I know that will go by super fast. I don’t know whether I feel happy, nervous, or sad that my time is nearly finished here. It’s strange. My second trainer, Hermana Tejerina from Bolivia, goes home in one week. Also Hermana De Leon, who I lived with in Chillancito, is leaving. It’s weird/sad that so many of the missionaries I’ve gotten to know are starting to finish their missions and leave. I can’t believe how time flies!

This week I feel like God has blessed us and guided us to where we should go. We had many instances where things all seemed to happen as if planned and we were really in the right places at the right time. This hasn’t happened often on my mission, and then this week it seemed to happen all the time. It made me so happy, like I was really doing something important. :) Hopefully next week we will continue to have more success.











No comments:

Post a Comment