What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 55: First Baptism

I finally had my first baptism in the mission! And it was at the beach. I have always wanted to see a baptism on the beach. His name is Hermano Feliciano. His wife is a member and his son and daughter are both on missions right now. Lots of people get baptized while their kids are on missions. God takes care of the families of missionaries. His family has been members for about eight years, but he never really looked into the church much. This past year, he started listening a little to the missionaries. Then with Hermana Dietz and me, he came to the conclusion that he wanted to get baptized. He and his wife are super great people! They help us with so much as missionaries. It was fun to be able to be a part of his baptism. It made me ubers happy! :D


This week we were able to visit one of our investigators a second time. She really seems like she has desires to know the truth and what God wants her to do with her life. My companion and I have high hopes for her. We also have a couple other people who seem interested to know the truth. We feel like there are a lot of good possibilities in this sector. I feel very excited for this area! We have a lot of people who may be ready to receive the gospel here. 

My companion and I get along really well! We are always joking and laughing during the day, which makes everything else easier. So all is well.  





No comments:

Post a Comment