What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 36: Moving On

This week was pretty good! My companion and I hardly had any problems with each other and actually had quite a few good laughs and such. So that was nice. :) And today are CAMBIOS! :O Ahhh! So I am going to be leaving Chillancito now. :( That makes me sad because even after 6 months, I’m still happy here. The members were all very nice, so it will be sad to leave. But it’s ok. It will help me progress and probably the area too. Its good to have change so that nobody gets too complacent with the work of the Lord. 

I am going to PENCO! The playa – beach area! Woo! It’s only about 20 min away from my old area. :) AND I am going to be companions with............ Hermana DAVIDSON! She was my companion from the MTC. How crazy, right? I’m pretty excited! :) I think we will be able to work together pretty well. :D 

Some interesting things that happened this week are that we found a promising investigator by doing one of our seven Maneras. We had a NDH with a member family and they invited some friends. One of them was interested enough to accept to visit with us again. When we taught her again she was receptive and accepted fecha y todo! :) Ojala she will get baptized soon! We’ve also been teaching a recent convert how to read and he’s starting to get a lot better. It makes me very happy to see his progress! We finally got a family who moved into our sector about two months ago to finally come to church again. We’ve been working with them for the past three or four weeks and we were so happy to see them at church yesterday. The family is great, so I really hope they can keep progressing and persevering now!

My spiritual thought I have for you guys today is about the less-actives and recent converts in our wards.  I feel like there is a lot of focus on finding and baptizing. Even though we talk about the importance of recent converts and less actives, I feel we don’t pay enough attention to them. We need to be their friends and help them all we can. The work we do with them is important because they have already made covenants with God. We need to help them keep their promises to God. God has given us many of his "sheep" to look after - there are a ton of MAs, and many are "lost". I feel like God will be less willing to give us more of His "sheep" if we aren’t really taking very good care of the ones that we already have. (Ezekiel 34)

 11 ¶For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
 12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
 15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.
 16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick





























No comments:

Post a Comment