What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 38: Random Facts

Can you believe it’s already almost August? How crazy is that?  Also crazy - this next week I will have completed 9 months in the mission. I’ve almost finished the 1st half of my mission! I will also turn 22 this month! Ahh! I feel old. :P Oh how the time passes.

Happy 20th Birthday Lauren!

Here are some random things that I’ve wanted to share...

-When it rains here in Chile on a Sunday. A lot of people don’t come to church. Yes, it’s a bit more uncomfortable to walk in rain - but going to church and taking the sacrament is very important and we only do it once a week. Often the same people are willing to walk in the rain to go shopping, but not to worship our Heavenly Father.

- I’m super glad to hear that you are going to focus on being better in your home teaching dad. It is really so important! Before I never really understood why we had to do our visiting teaching and such. Now I can see it’s a very important key to helping members become and remain active!

-Missionaries need the help of the members so much to have success in the Lords work. We need members to go to lessons with us, give references, visit less-actives and recent converts and be friends with them. This really is the time for members and missionaries to work together, like the prophets and apostles have said. Did you know that for every ten references you give to the missionaries, statistically one will be baptized? But if we just knock on doors it’s only about 1 out 800 contacts that will get baptized. I can’t remember the exact number, but that’s close. I have seen the truth of this in my mission. When the investigator has friends who help them feel comfortable, they progress way better and are more open to ask their questions instead of just keeping their doubts to themselves.

- Have some FHE’s with the missionaries. Invite them to come and share a lesson with you. Invite your friends and non-member or less-active family or members to the FHE. It’s a fantastic way to help in the work of the Lord! :)

Quaint
Colorful

No comments:

Post a Comment