What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 37: Three Gringos & a Brazilian

I’ve been very good! This has been probably one of the best semanas of my mission so far. I just feel happy! Hermana Davidson and I have been getting along great, and have laughed tons. We haven’t had too much success with being able to teach people. Penco is a tough area - not many people want to let us into their houses. :( The other two sister missionaries with us also haven’t had much success getting lessons. They are both sister trainer leaders and are good missionaries, so I don’t feel like its just us. Plus, all the missionaries tell me that this is normal for the area. It’s just a tough area. But don’t worry; we plan to change that together! We plan to have lots of success. We’ve done a ton of walking. My feet hurt really badly by the end of each day, but it was ok because my spirits are high. :) Plus, each day there is always some little miracle that makes it all ok! 

Awesome Views!

The views are so pretty here. I can see the beach from just about everywhere. That is because there are lots of hills. We are always hiking up some big steep hill or another. I’m going to have killer quads and calves by the time I leave Penco. Ha-ha! 

This week we have started running every morning. All four of us sisters happen to like to run, so we’ve been doing that as our exercise (which makes me happy). There are three gringos (what they call Americans) in our house this time: Hermana Davidson, Hermana Harris (who is in her last cambio before she goes home) and I. Hermana Harris is from Naperville, near Chicago. Were practically neighbors! Then there is Hermana Baturite from Brazil. She knows English pretty well and wants to learn more. When we are in the house we usually all talk in English, and its really fun & nice. :)


My new companion.

Some interesting things that have happened this week are...

We reached our goal of 140 contacts again - the 1st time in about 6 weeks! Hermana Davidson and I are both determined to reach the mission standard of 140 contacts each week.

We had a sister zone class. We made and ate cinnamon rolls. Yummy!

Hermana Davidson showed me how to make apple crisp in the microwave. Super yummy!

I gave a 10-minute talk this Sunday on honesty. It was kind of funny because all the speakers were missionaries and were all gringos. Everyone had to listen to an hour of us speaking bad Spanish. lol

Cinnamon Rolls - Yum!

What?!

No comments:

Post a Comment