What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 50: Last Week in Penco

I AM BEING EMERGENCY TRANSFERRED! NOoooOOoooOOo!!. I was so sad when the assistants called Saturday night to tell me I’m leaving Penco in the middle of the cambios. It’s a sad thing to leave, and I cried quite a bit. I have been quite content here. I have loved my zone, the members, the area and my roommates. I figured I would leave at the end of the cambio, so I was mentally prepared for that. But in the middle of the cambio? No.

My companion here will become companions with Hermana’s Baturite and Corbett, and they will be a trio. I leave Penco tomorrow, and I will be going to Talcahuano. I will be the older  companion for the first time ever in my mission so far. My new companion is from Chile and has only been in the mission for about three months. I’m a little nervous for the added responsibility, but I think I can do it. The hard part is that she is new to the area also. She arrived only two weeks ago, and therefore we will know very little about the area or the members. Tonight I have to pack like crazy and say good-bye to as many members as I can. Tomorrow I will go to my new sector.

Yesterday a ton of less-actives and even two investigators came to church! It was awesome. It felt like God was helping me see that I really have helped the area.  A lot of people are progressing now. :)    




















No comments:

Post a Comment