What? & Why?

Sydney is serving a year and a half for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Chile Concepcion Mission from November 2013 - May 2015.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 48: It’s Not About Numbers

Overall, it was a pretty good week. We didn’t have much success by the numbers and I can’t figure out why. I feel like we’ve been working harder yet the numbers just seem to be getting worse. We keep changing people to visit, doing our contacts, calling lots of people to accompany us, having appointments, being obedient, trying new ideas, and yet everything seems to fall through lately. It’s very frustrating even though I know the numbers don’t matter as long as we are working. I guess it just means there is something else that God wants us to get better at, and we need to keep working hard and trying to figure it out. We have another cambio together to improve!  

I loved General Conference. It always makes me sad when it ends because it goes by too fast. I especially loved the talks by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It was fun to hear people speaking in other languages. When the two Spanish general authorities spoke, all of us gringos left the English room (where it was being dubbed into English) to go listen to the original voice in Spanish. It was so funny to see a horde of us entering just for these talks and then leaving again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment